‘When Maya Angelou said, “A hurricane’s complete force would be an apt metaphor for how I feel about my mother. A rainbow’s soaring, descending hues “Every one of us wanted to see this happen because of the courage of our moms, who would do everything to make us happy, even if we’re the most nasty little blister anybody could ever imagine. It is observed on the second Sunday of May in India, which falls on May 8 this year, but it is also commemorated on other days across the globe between the months of March and May to honour maternal relationships, motherhood, and the importance of mothers in society.
Anna Jarvis had a monument for her mother at St. Andrews Methodist Church in West Virginia, which today houses the International Mother’s Day Shrine, in 1908, when the holiday was first celebrated. She intended to honour her mother, who was a peace campaigner and caregiver to troops on both sides of the American Civil War and founded Mother’s Day work clubs to address public health concerns, by making Mother’s Day an official holiday.
To her, her mother was “the person who has done more for you than anybody in the world” and she wanted to pay her respects to her. This Mother’s Day, we’ve got you covered with a collection of the greatest SMS, WhatsApp messages, quotes, wishes, and Facebook statuses for you to choose from.
1. Growing up I don’t think I realised just how much you did to keep our day-to-day life running so smoothly. Now that I’m grown up, I am in awe of everything you did for us and I admire you all the more. Thank you for making my childhood such a special one! I love you, Mom! Happy Mother’s Day!
2. Mom, I honestly don’t know how I’d get through each day without you by my side. Thank you for being such a supportive mother to me, and a fantastic grandmother to my children. We all love you so much! Happy Mother’s Day!
3. Happy Mother’s Day Mom! Although we’re far apart you are always in my heart. I love you and miss you more than words can say.
4. Happy Mother’s Day to my very own superhero and the No. 1 problem-solver in my life. I hope you have a great day!
5. In your arms, you held us. Little did we know but you have given us the greatest treasure that will never fade in our hearts and that’s your love. Happy Mother’s Day, mom!
6. Mom, thank you for being my anchor in this stormy sea of life. I love you and don’t know where I’d be without you. Happy Mother’s Day! Have a great day today.
7. I feel so lucky to have you as my mom. Thanks for always believing in me and doing so much for me each day. Have a great Mother’s Day, you deserve to be spoiled!
8. I’m glad that you’re my mother because I’m not sure anyone else could have put up with me this long! Love you, Mom.
9. Your smile brightens each day and makes it better than the last. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
10. It’s my time to tell you how fortunate and special I am to be blessed with a mother as caring, loving as you. Wish you a happy Mother’s Day, Mom!