Destiny 2’s Lord Saladin shows in every season to put guardians in their place. The Season of the Haunted presents him with a new challenge, one called Forging Iron, which he must complete.
How To Complete the Forging Iron Quest in Destiny 2
Visiting Lord Saladin is the first step in completing the Forging Iron quest line. This season, he has relocated to a new location and can be found right in front of the spawn points in the main Tower courtyard. Grab the quest when he offers it to you after interacting with him.
- Step 1 – Complete a match in Iron Banner.
- Step 2 – Complete a daily challenge.
- Step 3 – Earn Iron Banner Rank points.
- Step 4 – Collect an Iron Banner engram from Lord Saladin.
- Step 5 – Complete Iron Banner matches while wearing at least one piece of Iron Banner armor. Each additional piece grants extra progress.
- Step 6 – Speak to Lord Saladin at the Tower
Overall, the Forging Iron task is simple. Iron Banner matches and other minor activities are all that is required of players. It’s a much easier and more routine journey than it has been in the past.
What exactly is Iron Banner?
Destiny 2’s PvP mode Iron Banner is only available for a short period of time. It’s important to have a high Power level in PvP because it affects both how much damage you can deal and how much of it your opponent is able to take. With the introduction of the Rift match type, the focus of the game mode has switched to a version of capture the flag in which the neutral flag is placed in the middle of the map instead of the usual starting point.
Taking the neutral goal to the opposing rift and dropping it there will be a showdown between two teams, each with six players. A team wins a game if they can complete this task five times in a row.