Take a look at the nominees for the Independent Spirit Awards 2022. Celebrity hosts Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman will present the 37th Film Independent Spirit Awards live from Los Angeles.
The Independent Spirit Awards used to show on the Saturday before the Oscars. They now occur throughout the Academy’s voting period.
Mike Mills, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Simon Rex, Ruth Negga and Oscar winner Troy Kotsur are among the 2022 Spirit Award finalists.
On TV, Lee Jung-Jae of Squid Game is nominated for Reservation Dogs.
With Ann Dowd, Jason Isaacs and Martha Plimpton, Mass wins this year’s Robert Altman Award.
How to watch the Independent Spirit Awards online in 2022. See the whole list below.
What is the best way to watch the 2022 Independent Spirit Awards online?
Despite the lack of IFC availability, you may still watch the 2022 Independent Spirit Awards. With the correct VPN, everyone can enjoy the new season (virtual private network). You may watch it anywhere.
ExpressVPN is recommended after testing various VPN providers. It has excellent device compatibility and connection speeds, making it ideal for most users.
How to watch the Independent Spirit Awards in 2022 in America
Viewers in the United States may see the 37th Film Independent Spirit Awards on IFC on Sunday, March 6.
Sling and FuboTV are two of the greatest streaming services available.
Watch the Spirit Awards on AMC Plus, a streaming service that includes AMC, BBC America, IFC, SundanceTV, Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited.
Includes originals, award-winning shows, hit movies, festival favourites, and more. The Walking Dead and other popular shows are also available early to subscribers.
How to watch the Independent Spirit Awards in Canada
Customers of Hollywood Suite in Canada may watch the 2022 Independent Spirit Awards.
To access your paid streaming services while travelling in Canada, follow these steps.
How to watch the Independent Spirit Awards in the UK
Unfortunately, no UK broadcasters seem to be airing the 2022 Independent Spirit Awards.
Nominations for the 2022 Indie Spirit
- A Chiara
- C’mon C’mon
- The Lost Daughter
- The Novice
- Janicza Bravo – Zola
- Maggie Gyllenhaal – The Lost Daughter
- Lauren Hadaway – The Novice
- Mike Mills – C’mon C’mon
- Ninja Thyberg – Pleasure
Best Male Lead
- Clifton Collins Jr. – Jockey as Jackson Silva
- Frankie Faison – The Killing of Kenneth Chamberlain as Kenneth Chamberlain Sr.
- Michael Greyeyes – Wild Indian as Makwa
- Udo Kier – Swan Song as Pat Pitsenbarger
- Simon Rex – Red Rocket as Mikey Saber
Best Female Lead
- Isabelle Fuhrman – The Novice as Alex Dall
- Brittany S. Hall – Test Pattern as Renesha Bell
- Patti Harrison – Together Together as Anna
- Taylour Paige – Zola as Aziah “Zola” King
- Kali Reis – Catch the Fair One as Kaylee “K.O.” Uppashaw
Best Supporting Male
- Colman Domingo – Zola as Abegunde “X” Olawale
- Meeko Gattuso – Queen of Glory as Pitt
- Troy Kotsur – CODA as Frank Rossi
- Will Patton – Sweet Thing as Adam
- Chaske Spencer – Wild Indian as Teddo
Best Supporting Female
- Jessie Buckley – The Lost Daughter as Young Leda Caruso
- Amy Forsyth – The Novice as Jamie Brill
- Ruth Negga – Passing as Clare Bellew
- Revika Reustle – Pleasure as Joy
- Suzanna Son – Red Rocket as Strawberry
- Nikole Beckwith – Together Together
- Janicza Bravo and Jeremy O. Harris – Zola
- Maggie Gyllenhaal – The Lost Daughter
- Mike Mills – C’mon C’mon
- Todd Stephens – Swan Song
Best First Screenplay
- Sheldon D. Brown and Matthew Fifer – Cicada
- Lyle Mitchell Corbine, Jr. – Wild Indian
- Shatara Michelle Ford – Test Pattern
- Fran Kranz – Mass
- Michael Sarnoski and Vanessa Block – Pig
Best First Feature
- 7 Days
- Queen of Glory
- Test Pattern
- Wild Indian
Best Documentary Feature
- In the Same Breath
- Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)
- Ante Cheng and Matthew Chuang – Blue Bayou
- Lol Crawley – The Humans
- Tim Curtin – A Chiara
- Eduard Grau – Passing
- Ari Wegner – Zola
- Affonso Gonçalves – A Chiara
- Ali Greer – The Nowhere Inn
- Lauren Hadaway and Nathan Nugent – The Novice
- Joi McMillon – Zola
- Enrico Natale – The Killing of Kenneth Chamberlain
Best International Film
- Compartment No. 6 ( Estonia / Finland / Germany / Russia)
- Drive My Car ( Japan)
- Parallel Mothers ( Spain)
- Pebbles ( India)
- Petite Maman ( France)
- Prayers for the Stolen ( Mexico)
Best New Scripted Series
- Blindspotting (Starz)
- It’s a Sin (Channel 4)
- Reservation Dogs (FX on Hulu)
- The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)
- We Are Lady Parts (Channel 4)
Best New Non-Scripted or Documentary Series
- Black and Missing (HBO)
- The Choe Show (FX)
- The Lady and the Dale (HBO)
- Nuclear Family (HBO)
- Philly D.A. (PBS)
Best Male Performance in a New Scripted Series
- Olly Alexander – It’s a Sin as Ritchie Tozer (Channel 4)
- Murray Bartlett – The White Lotus as Armond (HBO)
- Michael Greyeyes – Rutherford Falls as Terry Thomas (Peacock)
- Lee Jung-jae – Squid Game as Seong Gi-hun (Netflix)
- Ashley Thomas – Them: Covenant as Henry Emory (Prime Video)
Best Female Performance in a New Scripted Series
- Deborah Ayorinde – Them: Covenant as Livia “Lucky” Emory (Prime Video)
- Jasmine Cephas Jones – Blindspotting as Ashley Rose (Starz)
- Thuso Mbedu – The Underground Railroad as Cora Randall (Prime Video)
- Jana Schmieding – Rutherford Falls as Reagan Wells (Peacock)
- Anjana Vasan – We Are Lady Parts as Amina (Channel 4)
Best Ensemble Cast in a New Scripted Series
- Reservation Dogs: Paulina Alexis, Funny Bone, Lane Factor, Devery Jacobs, Zahn McClarnon, Lil Mike, Sarah Podemski, and D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai
John Cassavetes Award
(The award is given to the best feature made for under $500,000; award given to the writer, director, and producer)
- Shiva Baby
- Sweet Thing
- This Is Not a War Story
- Robert Altman Award
Robert Altman Award
(The award is given to one film’s director, casting director, and ensemble cast)
Mass – Fran Kranz (director), Henry Russell Bergstein (casting director), Allison Estrin (casting director), Kagen Albright, Reed Birney, Michelle N. Carter, Ann Dowd, Jason Isaacs, Martha Plimpton, and Breeda Wool
The award honors emerging producers who, despite highly limited resources, demonstrate the creativity, tenacity and vision required to produce quality, independent films. The award includes a $25,000 unrestricted grant.
Someone to Watch Award
The award recognizes talented filmmakers of singular vision who have not yet received appropriate recognition. The award includes a $25,000 unrestricted grant.
*Alex Camilleri – Luzzu
Gillian Wallace Horvat – I Blame Society
Michael Sarnoski – Pig
Truer than Fiction Award
The award is presented to an emerging director of non-fiction features who has not yet received significant recognition. The award includes a $25,000 unrestricted grant.
*Jessica Beshir – Faya Dayi
Debbie Lum – Try Harder!
Angelo Madsen Minax – North by Current Source