The main event of UFC 273 in Jacksonville, Florida, is not one but two title fights, so it’s going to be a bit of a top-heavy stream tonight. The Korean Zombie, Chan Sung Jung, and Alexander Volkanovski will square off at the top of the card.
Alexander “The Great” is currently the overwhelming favourite to win this matchup. To date, the striker from Australia has shown he is more than capable in virtually every situation. Volkanovski appears to be a sure thing, whether he’s laying a trap for an opponent to make a mistake or proving that he has the endurance of a cardio god.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’d bet on Jung to win this fight. Counters and traps are two things that Jung enjoys as much as Volkanovski does. The only way to pull off an upset in this fight is if he wins by way of one of his many quick and brutal knockouts, which litter his record.
If you place a $100 bet on Volkanovski, you’ll get back $720, whereas if you place a $100 bet on Jung you’ll get back $500.
UFC 273 TIME AND DATE
- Date and Time: UFC 273 is today (Saturday, April 9)
- • UFC 273 main card: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT / 3 a.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin at 6 p.m. ET and the main prelims start at 8 p.m. ET.
- Volkanovski vs. Zombie main event time: Ring-walks are estimated for 12 a.m. ET / 9 p.m. PT / 5 a.m. GMT — but they could always go on earlier.
- The event is going to be live from the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville
There will be a title unification match to determine the true UFC Bantamweight Champion directly beneath them on the card as well. Current champion Aljamain Sterling is listed as the underdog (+350) and Petr Yan as the favourite (-475) by DraftKings(opens in new tab). In their previous fight, UFC 259 resulted in a championship victory by DQ, which was a little strange. Due to an unlawful knee strike, Sterling won the championship. Sterling’s neck problems delayed the rematch from taking place at UFC 267.
Live streaming of UFC 273 is now available, including the most current revisions to its main card and prelims.
How to watch UFC 273 live in the United States
UFC 273’s main card kicks off at 10 p.m. ET, so you’ll need ESPN Plus(opens in a new tab) to view live streaming of the event. ESPN and ESPN Plus both air the major prelim bouts, so those who haven’t yet signed up for the latter may get a taste of the action before they hand over the money.
Sling TV (Orange) and FuboTV, two of the top streaming providers, offer access to ESPN on most cable bundles.
Early Preliminary bouts on UFC FightPass(opens in new tab) begin at 6 p.m. ET and cost $9.99 per month. Preliminary bouts begin at 8 p.m. EDT, on ESPNEWS and ESPN Plus, for the next two divisions.
This is a major sports weekend, so don’t miss to check out 2022 Grand National, Masters live stream 2022 (featuring Tiger Woods!) and F1 Australian Grand Prix.
When and where can you watch UFC 273?
Fans in the UK should expect Volkanovski versus The Korean Zombie to begin at about 5 a.m. GMT (Sunday morning) if they want to watch the fight live. To watch it live, you’ll have to pay £19.95 at the BT Sport Box Office(opens in a new tab). UFC Fight Pass subscribers may see the preliminary rounds of the event.
Those interested in watching the UFC 273 live stream should be aware that it is not available through a web browser but rather through apps on Now TV and other streaming devices like the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even some Smart TVs.
UFC 273 will air live in Australia on Kayo(opens in new tab) at 2 p.m. AEDT on Sunday for $54.95 AUD.
In Canada, how can I watch UFC 273 online?
The early prelims will be shown on UFC Fight Pass for our northern neighbours, while the prelims will be broadcast on TSN and RDS. In addition to BELL and Rogers, UFC 273’s main programme is accessible on a number of other providers.
UFC 273 fight card
Early prelims (6 p.m. ET) on UFC Fight Pass
- Alexey Oleynik vs. Jared Vanderaa (Heavyweight division)
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Josh Fremd (Middleweight division)
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen (Women’s Strawweight division)
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos (Bantamweight division)
Prelims (8 p.m. ET) on ESPN Plus and ESPN
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks (Welterweight division)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura (Heavyweight division)
- Aspen Ladd vs. Raquel Pennington (Women’s Bantamweight division)
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott (Welterweight division)
Main Card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN Plus)
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Chan Sung Jung for the UFC Featherweight Championship
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Petr Yan (ic) for the UFC Bantamweight Championship
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev (Welterweight division)
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres (Women’s Strawweight division)
- Vinc Pichel vs. Mark Madsen (Lightweight division)